Clyde Historical Museum

                                                                                                                                                                   Picture by Judy Jones ©April 2005

124 West Buckeye St.
Clyde, Ohio
Museum Phone - 419-547-7946

Museum Open Thursdays 1-4pm April through September
Year-round for Special Events and by Appointment
Individuals and Group Tours Welcome
Phone 419.547.7946 or 419.639.3017
Brenda Stultz, Curator

The Museum will be open Sunday, September 20th from 11am-4pm
during the Clyde Fair in cooperation with the Fair Car Show and other events.

Featured exhibits will be the Clydesdale and Ford Firetrucks courtesy of the Clyde Fire Dept
& the 1904 Elmore car courtesy of the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center.

Enter a drawing for a gas card from Circle K compliments of the Clyde Heritage League.

Need not be present to win – card will be mailed to the lucky recipient.



We had a great time at Sherwood Anderson’s Birthday Party!

Many thanks to Frank Weasner who personified the Reverend Curtis Hartman from the “Strength of God” chapter in the book Winesburg Ohio!





Clyde Elementary Third Grades visit the Museum as part of their Social Studies Curriculum
"Communities Past & Present, Near & Far"


"The local community serves as the focal point for third grade as students begin to understand how their communities
have changed over time and to make comparisons with communities in other places.
The study of local history comes alive through the use of artifacts and documents."

Visit us on Facebook

See Our Sales Page

About the Clyde Historical Museum

Richard Edward Wolfe, a science teacher at Clyde High School, started The Clyde Museum in 1931. First located in the basement of the Clyde Public Library, the museum was re-established in 1987 at its present location.
Thaddeus Baker Hurd, who organized the Clyde Heritage League in 1975, was instrumental in restoring Heritage Hall where the museum contents were temporarily stored prior to the purchase of the museum building. Formerly Grace Episcopal Church, the building was paid for by equal contributions from the City of Clyde, the Clyde Heritage League and Whirlpool Foundation.

The Clyde Museum features unique historical items such as Indian artifacts, pioneer to industrial era items, and interesting memorabilia about war heroes and other famous people from the Clyde area.

Click here to see Mapquest map of Museum area in Clyde.

Home Museum McPherson Home Heritage Hall Email
Items for Sale Links Interesting Information About Clyde